Hosting a young person from another country is a wonderful opportunity to expand your horizons, learn about another culture and develop lifelong friendships without even leaving your home! Every summer, more than 70 youth from 7 different countries spend one month with Wisconsin host families. Some families even host for an entire school year! Find out how your family can become involved below!
Purpose of the Program
- emphasize the value of 4-H and similar programs throughout the world
- enhance cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- provide the opportunity to know and appreciate another people and their culture
- help individuals better understand themselves and their own culture
- develop the potential of the world’s most valuable resource: its young people
Summer Inbound Programs
Each summer Wisconsin families have the opportunity to host a youth from Japan, Korea, Norway/Finland, Mexico or Costa Rica for one month. Times vary throughout the summer depending on the program. Click here for information about what it means to be a host family, and click below to learn more our 2018 Summer Inbound Exchange Programs:
Academic Year Programs
Interested 4-H families can also apply to host a high school exchange student for the academic year.
What are the responsibilities of being an Academic Year host family? Find out more information here.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
Trina Olsen and Eva Syth, WI 4-H International Programs Assistants: 608-262-2491
Amber Rehberg, WI 4-H Educational Programs Specialist: 606-262-1557