Summer Inbound Programs
Here are the steps to apply to host a student for any of the summer inbound programs (Argentina, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, & Norway/Finland):
- Online Host Family Application* (new host families will need to create an account using their email address and a password)
- Community Reference Form – new host families will need two non-related references. References will be emailed through the States’ 4-H International online application
- 4-H Educator Recommendation Form (Give this form to your county 4-H youth educator [agent] and have him or her complete it and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
*If you are unable to fill out the Online Host Family Application, please contact us for an alternate application method.
Academic Year Programs
Here are the steps you’ll need to apply to host an academic yearlong Japanese, South Korean, or FLEX high school student. You’ll need to complete the three forms below:
- Academic Year Programs’ Host Family Application (Please complete and mail to WI 4-H Intl’ Programs)
- Criminal Background Check Disclosure – The background check is completed online through a secure portal. Contact us to get the details on
- Financial Disclosure Form (Please complete and mail to “States’ 4-H” as directed on the form)
Furthermore, please distribute the forms below as directed:
- School Acceptance Form– Please get this form filled out by your school as soon as possible. Spots for international students often fill fast and we want to be sure that you are able to secure a spot.
- Community Reference Form (Distribute this form to 2 community members who are not related to your family and have them return the completed form by email to email@example.com)
- 4-H Educator Recommendation Form (Give this form to your county 4-H youth educator [agent] and have him or her complete it and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)